Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Duluth and North Shore Camping Trip

I drove up to Duluth Wednesday, Sept. 29th, to visit some friends and family. I stayed at Heather's for a few nights and hung-out with her. Ex-roomate Sam and I also got to knock a couple back and shoot some pool. I was also lucky enough to be able to take one last kayak trip down the St. Louis river with Decker before I put my boat away for a while.

On Friday, Oct. 1st, Julia met me in Duluth and we headed up North to the Wildhurst camp grounds. Andy and Katie pulled in at about the same time as we did, and Karen and Wes joined us a little later. The following morning, Heather and Kyle drove up.

We went to Lutsen first. We all rode the chair-lift up and enjoyed the view of the autumn leaves on the surrounding hills and the lake. Of course, we all had to take a few rides down the alpine slide. We continued on up the shore and did some hiking at the Cascade and Temperance rivers. Following this, we took a scenic drive down the Sawbill Trail to the Trestles Inn for an early dinner.

When we got back to the campgrounds, Heather put a dutch-oven full of split pea soup (my favorite) on the campfire. We had a nice evening around the fire drinking wine and beer and eating soup and fried baby octopus, the majority of which I remember.

On Sunday, we packed it up and returned to our respective homes. In all, an excellent trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home