Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Monday, January 31, 2005

I Rode a Camel

I've been having a relatively good time here in Kuwait.

A few days ago there was a 5k "fun run" that I participated in. Running in the desert is difficult and not at all that fun. It wasn't that hot, but the sand really works the ankles and the air will dehydrate a person very quickly. I was happy with ,and surprised at, my 23:13 finish time.

Yesterday there was a bazaar here at the camp. Besides the wares and whatnots for sale, there was a camel to ride! Of course I had to give it a go, since the opportunity to ride a real live camel in the deserts of Kuwait does not present itself often. Also, today when we went out to the range to fire our weapons, we saw a few herds of camels. The range was even shut-down for a while because they wandered too near.

Other than that, I am still getting used to the time change. The food is still good. I've had another lobster dinner since I've been here, and yesterday I had a Cornish hen for lunch. We're pretty much just waiting around for a flight now. They seem to be backed up due to the elections.

I hope things are going well for everyone on the other side of the big pond. Write or email when you get a chance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

which hump did you ride on? Sounds like some good food so far. Wow what a run, I wonder if I could do the 0.5k run and survive. take care,wish you a safe trip up north. (cousin Curt)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home