Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Friday, April 01, 2005

Fun With a Scalpel

Today my good friend of many years, Josh, came in to have a cyst removed from his neck. The physician assistant was nice enough to let me at it with a scalpel. He talked me through it, of course. It's a simple procedure for an MD or PA, but something I'd never be able to do as a civilian EMT.

The area was sterilized first. After it was clean, it was numbed with some lidocaine. Next, I made a small incision with a scalpel and then removed the matter inside. After everything was out, I closed it up with a stitch and covered it with a band-aid. Below are some pictures.

I would like to add a "thank you" to Josh, who was kind enough to allow me to post this.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

How are you doing Elissa? Thanks, I do what I can here.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home