Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Friday, April 29, 2005

Trip Up North

Earlier this week I was able to take a trip to northern Iraq. We stopped in Tikrit and Mosul. We visited many palaces at our destinations in our spare time.

It was nice to get away from the camp for a while. Especially nice was the fact that I got to see many trees and hills! Our camp is as flat as flat gets with very few trees. Mosul and Tikrit, on the other hand, have many of both.

The trip was uneventful and we didn't run into any danger, but I was glad to be back. Upon return, I had lots of mail! I received a new home and some food for Gary from Joanna. Thank you for that! Also, I got in the mail EIGHT CASES of Girlscout cookies from the Overseas Girl Scouts-Iwakuni. Thanks Girlscouts! I will have to share the love around camp.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats's cool Chris that you got to travel up northward. How big were Saddam's Palaces? You should fil me in on it.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe you have Nick and his niece to thank for the cookies. Make sure you send a thank you! Glad you got a break, but equally glad to know you are back safely. The palaces look pretty amazing.
Love Mom

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

Greetings from the Moontower. Just got your site from one of the guys so I thought I would check it out. send me your email if you get a chance. apeterson@maddens.com

aaron

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey chris! amazing places you have seen. have to agree with your mom,glad you are back safely! glad gary has a nice place to live now.! take care.carol nelson

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris

I am very glad to hear you are getting along okay. You have and interesting pet, love the name Gary. You sure have seen alot of diffrent things. Take care and keep up the good work. Cousin Curt

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home