Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

November is Here

Happy November! Well, I forgot that Halloween was yesterday. That's alright though, I didn't have many costume options anyway. I suppose I could've put on my silk-weight long-underwear and put on my black ski-mask and gone as a ninja. I think that's already been done, however.

We're down to less than a month to go. One would expect morale to be high with the end so near, and it is, but I've noticed that many people are a little edgier than usual as well. Myself included. We are all really looking forward to coming home though, that is for certain.

Things are going very well for the company and for myself, "edginess" aside. In a month that was described on the news tonight as "Bloody October" we had only one or two minor incidents. Hopefully we can finish out November in such a fashion and get home safe and sound.

The mornings have been very cool lately. Down in the high 40s and low 50s. I try to go running during this time to get acclimated to some cold weather! I'm looking forward to doing some snowshoeing and winter camping when I get home. I hope we get a good amount of snow this year.

I hope things are going well for you all back home. See you soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris
Thanks for the update and glad that things are still going ok for you. Edginess is fine I think - it keeps you sharp and wary & maybe helpful in your present situation. Save the calm and relaxed for home. (I dunno for sure - ask Julia, our local therapist!!) We look forward to seeing you soon & hope that you can make the Christmas party!
GG, Jeanne & Terry

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Bud, sorry to hear about the casualty from the other unit last night. I can't imagine the edginess you guys must be feeling after this last month, plus the anticipation of getting home. We'll keep praying for safety for all. Hang in there.
God bless.
Mom

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

Hope you don't expect snow too soon. It's been in the 50's and 60's for highs even into this first week of November. I still have flowers surviving. Global warming concerns aside, it's been nice so far. But it will snow eventually. Keep your cool for another month.

Kevin

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home