Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Spanish Classes

I've been at the Adventure Education Center (AEC) now for two weeks. I feel that I've learned a lot of spanish so far. I signed up for classes again next week, although I won't be staying at the school any longer. This weekend I'll be moving into a house called "Dona del Mar," and will be staying there for April.

Besides spanish classes, AEC also offers tours and different activities aruond the area. One activity per week is included in the tuition. The first week I was at the school the activity was "Cowboy for a Day." On this tour I got to ride a horse through the jungle to a pristine beach and then ride along the beach. After that we milked a cow (and drank the milk) and roped a calf.

This past week, the activity was visiting a butterfly garden. It was one of the nicest butterfly gardens I've ever seen. It was very well kept and had a great variety of butterflies, or "mariposas" in spanish. After the garden, we drove to a nearby beach to go for a swim, eat fresh fruit, and watch the sun set. When we got back we went to "El Coco" for some traditional Costa Rican liquer called "Guaro" and some karaoke.

I've been having a great time so far. The surf has also been terrific and I'm catching more and more waves every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home