Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Friday, October 15, 2004

Getting Ready

I spent the first three days of the week at Camp Ripley with my company trying to get everything ready to go. We did a great deal of paperwork and packed all of our personal gear as well as the company's. By the time we were through, we'd almost filled an entire warehouse of things that will be shipped to Fort Dix for our training.

I've been wrapping up loose ends in the civilian world with my remaining time. Tomorrow there will be a send-off at the Brainerd High School for family and friends at 4pm. It will be open to the public. Afterwards, we'll be heading back down to Ripley, where we will have our last meal in Minnesota before we get on the bus for the airport. Then the adventure begins...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you so much already Chris! I hope your flight went well and things are going smoothly in NJ. I love you! - Julia

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What up Z. I hope your trip out to NJ has gone well. I tried calling you on Friday eve, but I am sure you were pretty busy with things. Take care.

Andy

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your trip to NJ went well. I wish you all the best and look forward to your return so that we can all go on another camping trip. -Katie

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris...It has been wonderful viewing your site!! You are in our thoughts and prayers often...we are so very proud of you!! Sorry that we didn't make it to your send off, but know that we are with you in spirit. We will be checking in with you regularly! Lots of love..Barry and Glen

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home