Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Flight Scheduled

I now have a fly-date out of these United States. Right now I am scheduled to leave at the end of next week for Kuwait. I'm not sure how long I'll be there, but it shouldn't be long before the trek north.

For the moment, myself and the other medics are under the command of a mobilization hold-over company. We have three accountability formations each day, apparently so they can make sure that we haven't gone AWOL. We are also back into the routine of getting up daily at 4:45am to do physical training at 5:20. They've got us doing details ranging from inspecting buildings for serviceability and cleanliness to driving shuttle vans. Its easy work, but its also rather disconcerting and frustrating to finish three months of intense training just to be charged with checking someone else's bathroom. At this point I'd rather be on my way.

I can't complain too much, however, as I've have been granted a four-day pass this weekend. Friday through monday. Julia and I are going to meet in New York City. I'm very excited as I've never visited there. We are going to try to meet up with my cousin Tory. We also plan on going to the top of the Empire State Building, and may try ice-skating at Rockefeller Plaza, and we've thrown around the idea of getting stand-by tickets to see Saturday Night Live if possible. No matter what we do, it should be an awesome weekend.

I hope everyone is doing well. For those of you in Minnesota, good luck with this upcoming cold snap! Stay safe and stay warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home