Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Pennsylvania

I've been here in PA at a little National Guard base called Fort Indiantown Gap for almost a week. Its a small place and most of the structures, our barracks for example, are very old and dilapidated. We're surrounded by some nice big hills, and its actually quite picturesque at times.

Right now we are studying for our Emergency Medical Technician National Registry examination. This is usually a 120-hour course, but we're cramming it into nine days. After we're done with that, we'll be taking the EMT Intermediate course followed by a Prehospital Trauma Life Support. Its been some pretty intense study, and I'm sure will continue to be for the remainder of the time we're here (although we did find time to go have a few drinks last night).

In a few days I get to go home for Christmas and I'm very excited about that. I'll be visiting family up in Brainerd for the weekend. I have also purchased a plane ticket to head back to MN over New Years. I'm not sure what my exact plans are yet, but I think I'll be dropping by the Arvold family Christmas get-together if at all possible.

The internet access here is hard to come by. Also, for some reason the DOD net we're on won't allow me to check my hotmail account. I apologize to those that have sent me mail to that account. I will have to read it when I get home this weekend.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season, if not the weather. Hope to see you all soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chris! I love you sooo much and I can't wait to spend this weekend with you :) Yours, Julia

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris-It was great seeing you new years eve!! Andy and I are proud of you and wish you the best.-katie and andy

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming home and hanging out. I'll have Mom send your sketching stuff over soon so you might have packages waiting for you when you arive. Love you! Have fun!

Heather
p.s. did you take any pictures of the Chinasaurs?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home