Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Friday, November 05, 2004

Three Weeks

Well, it's been nearly three weeks now. This last one has flown by. We've been out on the ranges firing weapons lately. I'm proud to announce that I'm considered an "expert" M16 firer, shooting 36/40 pop-up targets. We also fired at pop-ups with our protective (gas) masks, as well as at night.

Tonight I am on CQ (charge of quarters) duty. I will be holding down the fort, figuratively speaking. I should be able to finally get some letters written! I've got about three that are half-written and probably now irrelevant, since I've talked to those people via phone or email.

On monday we will be going into the field for 18 days. We'll be learning how to manuever as a convoy and various security tasks. It sounds like its going to be a cold one. We'll be packing up for that tomorrow and Sunday. We'll also be packing up our "tuff-bins" to be shipped off. We won't see those again until we get to Kuwait.

I hope you are all doing well! Write me or drop an email if you get a chance.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris: Just got caught up on your life via the Blog!! Hope all is well on your end and keep the stories coming...it's nice to know how you are.

masta kat.

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home