Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Afternoon off

We trained this morning on various crew served weapons. These include the Mark 19 automatic grenade launcher and the M240B machine gun. We practiced taking them apart and putting them back together, clearing them, and performing a functions check.

After lunch we prepared to continue with some other classes. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our leadership had decided that we could watch the Vikings game if we wanted. The personnel not interested in watching the game could have some free time. I was pretty happy to have some time to myself. This has been the first break since we've been here. I had a good time this afternoon lifting some weights at the gym, taking a nap,and reading.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey brother, I'm really glad that you were able to get a break. From the sound of your voice last week I'm sure you needed that nap. I sent you another letter in the mail today so it should get there by the end of the week. Talk to you soon!
Love, Heather
p.s. Russell, Nick, Mike and Ryan all say hello (the boys from work)

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, We're glad to hear how and what you're doing. It's nice to know you at least get a break once in while. You're in our thoughts and prayers. Miss you!!
love, Mel,Jessie and Dustin

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Z! It looks like a fun ride so far. By the way, how did you like that election, or should I call that the erection.

We're sending some supplies to Toenies this week and again in a month. Let me know if there is anything I can get you. You know, like a High Life fo two.

"The Siekster" as nobody calls me.

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jaxson said...

Hi, just stumbled on your blog today. You reminded me of MCT (Marine Combat Training) when I learned to fire the M240g - I loved that weapon! I chose to carry it rather than the M16, which was fun until the humps when you realize how much those extra pounds actually weigh! Anyway, good luck in Iraq, stay safe. By the way, are you related to Jorene Ziebell in New London, WI? Just curious...I'm going to blogroll you by the way because I think it will be interesting to follow your trek. Good luck!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home