Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Friday, April 01, 2005

By Far the Most Gross Thing I've Seen Yet

I moved into a new tent this evening. While myself and another occupant were moving things around, out popped the little lady pictured below. I caught her in a plastic bag because I'm fascinated by things of this nature... especially up close.

Now, I'm not one to get the creeped-out by spiders and snakes and such, but this thing gave me a mad case of the heebie-jeebies! If you look closely you can see that all of the little bumps on it's back are baby spiders. I didn't believe it myself, until I saw a couple of them fall off and scurry their little spider behinds around inside the bag. She also had them on the underside of her abdomen.

Unfortunately for the spiders, I didn't feel like having any cohabitants of another species. They were soon evicted.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd rather look at the sutures myself. Good experience with the sutures. Always easier when you're the one doing the cutting or stitching though.

Keep the spiders outside where they belong.

Kevin

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not mind spiders but that particular one gives me the creeps. I cannot believe that it has spiders on its back. Icky!!!

Katie

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here she is - overworked, saddled (literally) with dozens of children & no money for a taxi and now evicted from her nice cosy home. Its tough being a spider these days!! jk Glad that you found her before she found you and did something nasty like take a bite.

GG (greetings from Glencoe)
Jeanne & Terry

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home