Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday Night Fights

Well, I have been extremely busy lately. My roomate has taken his R&R leave. I've now got the tent all to myself, however I now have twice the workload. He will be back in a few weeks, and he'll do the same for me when I leave, so I can't begrudge him at all. It is good experience for me to learn another job around here anyway.

I did get to relax tonight, however. Every friday night we have boxing matches. It's a big event, and an excellent morale booster. There are between 5 and 10 matches usually, and boxers of all skill levels give it a shot. It's all in good fun, and everyone (for the most part) has a good attitude and displays wonderful sportsmanship. I love to kick back in my camp chair and drink a non-alcoholic beer and smoke a Cuban (which are not illegal here and are readily available) and watch the fights.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey brotha~
just wondering, do you ever get to box? Beacause that would be a sight to see, I think you would cream your opponent!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heather:
I sparred a few times with a guy that boxed in high school so I could try it before I just jumped in the ring. I decided that I didn't like getting hit in the face and guys in my weight class hit really hard. I doubt I'll get in the ring.
Chris

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home