Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's Still Hot Here, But I Have Leaving Coming Up Soon

There hasn't been much interesting happening lately. Its been very hot, as one would expect in the desert. The daytime highs have averaged between 115 and 120 degrees. It wouldn't be so bad, except the uniform is long sleeved shirt and pants with bullet-proof vest, helmet, and weapons when we convoy. The guys that guard the base are in this uniform for 12 hours a day. It makes me appreciate the job that I have, as I only wear the "full battle-rattle" two or three times a week. The Blue Star Mothers have been nice enough to donate some cool-bands, which get cold when soaked in water and can be worn around the neck.

I've got a few weeks of leave coming up soon. I'm very excited for that. We can go just about anywhere in the world for leave. Some guys have gone to Australia, some have spent their time in Europe, but I think I will enjoy a few weeks in Minnesota. It'll be nice to get out on the lakes. I plan on spending some time in Duluth doing some kayaking and climbing as well. Of course, I will also spend as much time as I can with family and friends.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
I'm anxiously waiting for you to come home on leave. There IS light at the end of your deployment; 2 weeks until your leave, 2 weeks home, by then the Iraq temperatures should be starting to cool down, then in 4 months you'll be finished with this tour! Hang in there Bud! I'm proud of what you're doing. Love Dad

7:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot wait until you are back in MN, Chris! We shall have a jolly good time for sure. I love you. ~Julia

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris,
It was so good to see you and Julia at the Arvold sailing event. That was such a fun day to see everyone together. We look forward to your return once again. Love Sharon

1:37 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Rob-
I tried to get ahold of you via email. I think it was your dad's address maybe? Anyway, the email got kicked back to me.

Sharon-
I had a really good time at the Regatta! Next year I am going to plan on camping. I was happy to see so much family, but I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with everyone. Thanks for hosting such a fun event!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home