Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Saturday, February 12, 2005

Finally There

After many short-notice alerts for flights, cancelations, much packing and unpacking and repacking, we've finally arrived at our final destination. We linked up with our company after spending a night at the camp we flew into and then convoyed to this one today. We're staying in a small camp that is fairly isolated. Apparently, there isn't much to do here, but it is safe. It sounds like everyone is kept busy working most of the time anyway.

I'm doing well and I appreciate the cards and packages that were waiting for me here when I arrived. "Thank you" to those that sent them. I will be posting more soon.

PS: I apologize for the vagueness, but we must follow "OPSEC." This is the Army's acronym for "operational security." We don't want the enemy to know who we are, how many strong we are, or where we are. Thus, I cannot give too many details about modes of travel or the camps that we stay at.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home