Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Back in Iraq

I just got done with an awesome 15 days of R&R and now I'm back on base. Getting back here was not nearly as easy as it was to get home. It involved 19+ hours on a plane and almost five days in Kuwait waiting to get on another one.

I've got some great pictures of my time at home, the majority of them taken by my personal photographer, Julia. I will post some of these as soon as I get things organized and get settled in. I had a great time in Brainerd at Katie and Andy's wedding, on Lake Ida with Aunt Kay, in Duluth with Heather and Kyle and friends, at the Regatta, and down in the Twin Cities. In all, there was a lot of ground covered and I was very happy to so many friends and so much family.

I came back to a very changed camp. While I was away a new clinic was built and moved into. Not only that, but my beloved tent was taken down and my things were relocated to a housing unit (trailer). There is a good deal more room in the new clinic than the old, and far less in my new room than my old tent. After I get the pictures from leave posted I will post some of the changes around here.

I hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend. Enjoy Autumn and I'll see you this winter!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, it's so good to hear that things are looking up for you. I know it wasn't easy going back but at least you had some positive things waiting for you. I still miss you a lot but I feel more at ease with where you are and what you're doing. Thank you for sharing so many stories with us and being patient with all of the questions we had. Enjoy the new challenges that lie ahead of you, the next two months will fly by. Take pride in the clinic that you're working at. The next crew that moves in will appriciate everything that you've done. I love you and I'm so proud of you.

Keep dreaming! Heather

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris-It was great seeing you and I am glad you were able to make it to our wedding. It really meant a lot to us for you to be there. We are so proud of what you are doing and what you do. We look forward to seeing you soon!!

Katie and Andy

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Son,
I can't believe it's two weeks tomorrow since you left. Two down and about 10 to go!? You were really able to cram a lot into your visit- what a neat thing to have it work out the way it did. I am looking forward to seeing your photos.

Love you and miss you.
God bless. Mom

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home