Chris' Blog

"A large volume of adventures may be grasped within this little span of life, by him who interests his heart in everything." -Laurence Sterne

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Some More Time Off

I was only back a day and a half from leave when I got evacuated via Blackhawk helicopter to an Air Force hospital. I was evac-ed for a severe sudden-onset headache with no known cause. They did a CT scan and a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) with normal results and I was given some pain meds and discharged.

The following day I was supposed to convoy back to camp, but started having terrible back, neck, and head pains. I went back to the hospital and they diagnosed it as "spinal headaches" that were due to the spinal tap.

Apparently these headaches aren't an uncommon occurrence in patients that have a spinal or an epidural done (about 1 in 4 get them), but they are painful and fairly debilitating. As a result, I spent the last week lying in bed.

No problem though. I watched some excellent movies that I may not have otherwise. I saw the The Godfather parts I and II (awesome), Lords of Dogtown (pirated version of course, excellent movie), The Wedding Date (yeah yeah, quiet down...), and The Recruit to name a few. I also got some reading done, but that was pretty difficult and I had to take a lot of breaks.

Anyway, I'm back at camp and hard at work. I'm still working on getting R&R pictures up, but those should be on the blog this evening or tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home